Sunday, August 23, 2015

celebration

Wow Wow Wowzers is all I can say for all of the love I feel from all of you. Thank you for all the support, love, encouragement and kind words. Thank yo, thank you, thank you. I am speechless.  I want to celebrate all of you and your support and encouragement for my family and I during these 100 days. You all are the best.

Here's a little re-cap about my day 100 and our little spur of the moment celebration.

For 100 days my  Mom and I [who aren't sick of each other yet - it's amazing] decided to spend more time together and went on a last minute get a way. I was given the ok to be further than 25 miles from the hospital so we took it and RAN....well really drove in the pouring rain [whose checking?]....with those 25+ miles all the way to our favorite place San Antonio!

We were lucky in the fact that when we got to San Antonio the rain stopped and we could enjoy a nice stroll along the river walk. We stayed on the river walk and of course went to our favorite [probably everyone's favorite] restaurant Mi Tierra. I mean the decorations speak for themselves I wish I could live in a place like that. So much glitter and sparkle and color and just so much its amazing.


Then to make our spur of the moment trip a little crazier. We woke up with the idea to go to Austin to see a quilt exhibit, And Still We Rise, at the Bullock Museum my mom has been wanting to see. It was amazing, very powerful and thought provoking. If you can make it there before the end of August I would highly recommend it. Afterwards a quick little walk around a part of UT's campus - it was move in day so ahhhh freshman and lots of people!!! We ventured out of the city to a delicious lunch at St. Philip's. AMAAAZING pizza just amazing and they have a bakery with the best and most interesting Miso Blondies - I need to figure out how to make them they were insane. 

We made one more stop at a scrumptious gelato shop, Teo, my Aunt introduced me to earlier in the summer, for a quick little cold treat to keep us going for the ride home. Basically we ate our way through two towns to celebrate my 100 days and it was the best! 

It was so nice to be able to get out of Houston and just experience some new things, not stress about anything and eat yummy food with my mama.  I will get better at taking pictures so these posts are more interesting to look at. Now here's to the next 100 days of health. 

ps. I'm still in shock over the support and love from you all over on Facebook...

1 comment:

  1. What a joyful post. So glad you gottaway for food and frivolity. Isn't it wonderful to know that there are people you don't even know who care about you? It's such a strengthening surprise.

    Hugs. Onward to the next 1000!

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts