Friday, May 31, 2013

What? When? Why? How?....

So I think most people who run into a big struggle in life, and the people who love them always ask the same questions:

 Why me? Why now? Where did this come from? How did this happen? Basically always Why? Why? 

In my head it was happening a lot for awhile. Why did I get a cancer that most 70 year old MEN get? Why now? How long have I had it? What would've happened if I hadn't of found it when I did? What does this mean for me? How will this affect my life from here on out? and on and on just questions after questions in my head. 

After going to see my amazing Doctor at MD Anderson he answered many of the medical questions. How I will feel like 100 bucks once I start on my treatment and things will go back to 'normal' for as long as my body accepts the medicine. (treatment starts in ~2 weeks) 

Then something just clicked, that cliche of living life to the fullest really seems to mean a lot more now. I've decided that there is no reason to keep dwelling on the Why's and What if's and focus on enjoying the life that I have and working toward being better. 

I've always believed that a healthy and happy mind, body and spirit is the way to live your life and I feel like this diagnosis will only help do just that  Right now, for me, that means eating cleaner and healthier foods (which for me is a definitely a daily struggle!!!), working out and looking cute!! Somehow any normal day seems that much better when you've worked out, no matter how long, and you have a cute outfit on.  Lastly, just living in the day and making my dreams and goals come true, no matter how big or small.

Thank you for all the positive vibes, thoughts and love being sent my way!!!

1 comment:

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts