Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Glorious Friday

So before I get to friday, lets talk about thursday for a second. What an un-fun day. I have I told you guys that I don't have much red blood cells yet. Well I don't and my Dr's favorite thing to do is to take my precious blood and test it!

Thursday was one of those days only made worse by getting more blood taken for stem cell matching! It seemed like they took all the blood out of my body and probably the closest I have ever come to passing out!!!  So thursday was not the best of days and very lo-key the rest of the day!

Lets get to the glorious relaxing FRIDAY!!! You know woke up blah blah blah boring everyday stuff and then went to help my mom at her kitchen to prepare for the saturday market and delivered some food to a couple places!

After working so hard at the kitchen  I was able to get a bang trim at Elements Salon, which was much needed!!
    Outside of Native Citizen                           Look you can see my eyes!!!! 

It feels so great to be able to see with out hair over my eyes! Thanks so much Michaela. Janice and I then stumbled upon this adorable home decor store down the street from Elements Salon, Native Citizen with AMAZING things. I cannot wait to have a home that I can start decorating with non Ikea furniture!!!

And you say the day can't get better...oh it does!! My amazing Aunt Wilma gave me the best massage of my life!! She is the best ever and oh man was I really relaxed afterwards (i'm not biased at all :) )

And then day ended with a little retail therapy and in my PJ's by 7.30!!! It was a great self-care day and much needed after my long day of appointments thursday!


new yoga pants and sandals!!! WOOOOHOOOO

as always thanks for all the support and outpour of love my way it is definitely felt



8 comments:

  1. Love me some retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lane, how ironic that I would have reconnected with your Mom due to her posting a magnificent photo of some modern quilts. I live in Mexico in the mountains. I just happen to be in Houston right now with a little time on my hands and saw that you write a blog on blogspot also. For some reason I decided to read it tonight.

    Good luck in your involvement with MDA. My daughter also had a blood cancer in her mid 30's. We were SO impressed and grateful for the compassion, professionalism and leading edge technology. Be sure to ASK all questions that come to mind - no matter how inconsequential they may be. Like what CAN I eat? Can I have massages? How much water should I drink? Idiotic things like that make a difference.

    I write a blog called BabsBlog. If I can in any way be of help to you, please let me know. My email address is babsofsanmiguel@yahoo.com My only advice is "Take it one day at a time"
    and think positive thoughts.

    I'll be thinking of you...........Barbara Eckrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Barbra. Yeah sometimes I feel silly ask the simple questions but i've always believed in thought of no question is too small and it never hurts to ask! So sorry to hear that your daughter had a blood cancer as well.

      thanks again for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Just to let you know that we think and talk about you every day. You are a brave soldier, Elle. We wish and pray for a speedy recovery. Heaps of love, hugs and kisses sent your way from Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann!! I hope all is well in Denmark!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy those massages Elle....rest, eat and sleep , a bit of retail therapy and time with J and H...perfect. We send our love....from New Zealand xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elle,

    What can we do for you from the right coast? Not to be confused with the wrong coast that is to the east of us.

    Jeff, Nancy, McKenna and Jack @ 5 foot 10 inches tall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny Jeff... I mean right now i'm not at either coast :(. I cannot believe Jack is that tall OMGD!!!

      Delete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts