Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A match

Hey Hey I got a call yesterday telling me that one of the 14 preliminary matches is a 10 out of 10 match! WOOOOOHOOOOOOo. It is so crazy and so quick. I do not know what the next steps are or what the timeline is as I am waiting to hear from my transplant doctor but I do know for sure that a lot is about to change.

I kind of feel like that baby who just dropped a toy off of their high chair and doesn't know whether to laugh or cry and starts to look at those around them to figure out how to feel. This is definitely all great news but it is great news that means shit is getting real. My life is about to seriously change for awhile. I have been lucky enough to still feel like me and not see any loss of energy or anything yet. So here I am elated that they found a match but wide eyed and nervous. All of those things that I have been reading about Stem cell transplants is seriously actually going to happen. No I don't have to exact timeline but it seems so much real than before. It is going to happen, damn.

Thank you to all of you that signed with Be the Match! I am so amazed at the turnout of friends and family that chose to join the registry. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. There aren't enough words to write to tell you how much it means to me that you have joined the registry.

Phew! What a huge relief to know that there is a match out there for me!

I will keep updating when I find out more information.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic news and extremely normal to be ambivalent about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and wonderful news.............Woo hoo is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive things happen to positive people! Great news Elle!

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts