Thursday, January 14, 2016

More like punched in the arms

Yesterday was a big step! And I was completely surprised by the big step that came my way. I had no idea it was going to happen and you know what I am kind of glad I didn't have the time to think to much about it prior to having it happen.
That big step was Vaccinations! I had a regular check up with my Dr. and right before our check up is over she announces that I can start the vaccination process since it has been 6 months since my transplant! My mom and I look at each other in disbelief and get excited! I'm thinking oh it will just be a shot or two and ill come back in a week and get some different ones. Nope I was wrong the first round of shots is SIX shots. SIX all at once! Well not at once, one at a time 3 in each arm but damn its like I have a little devil running around me punching my arms every two seconds today.
My arms feel like this little guy keeps giving me dead arms. AHHH  but it is a happy pain because I know I am getting stronger everyday and this step is a big one!

If you have a queasy stomach about needles don't look any further:


that's a lot of needles!

I am also pretty excited because my doctor does not want to see me for another month! Since all of my blood levels and everything look so good. I also start Physical Therapy again next week for my back pain and to help build my bones up (oh hey osteoporosis!) I love PT because its basically a personal trainer and then I know I will workout that day! 

Ok I am off to let my arms rest! Happy Thursday







3 comments:

  1. So happy for you Elle! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB news! Best news so far of 2016! woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are WONDERWOMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts