Monday, June 22, 2015

Chimera

Hello I am now the official owner of two DNA's. yes you read that right I have two different DNA's which means I am a chimera.

Last week they ran a blood and bone marrow test to figure out how much of my blood was mine (old) or donor and drum roll please.......... 100% is DONOR blood. My transplant is so far successful in that all of the new blood in my body all of it that it is creating is from my donor. WOOOOHOOOOO

To make things even better I have zero deletion 5q (what made me sick) chromosomes in my bone marrow! My MDS is completely out of my body. I am so happy and relieved that this whole process is doing exactly what it needs to do. I just want to run around and celebrate :)

I think I might make some cookies to celebrate! Oh and also continue on the path of health that I have been on so far. I have yet to need another blood transfusion, i have had very little complications other than a lack of sleep and some acid reflex from the crazy steroids they put me on after my fever.  oh and a list probably to long to write about silly itches and eye dryness. Nothing that has stopped my day to day.

ps here is the report where it says i don't have del5q chromosomes anymore - I may just up and frame it!

ok I'm off to go bake cookies because woooohoooooooooooo

13 comments:

  1. Yeah, awesome news - keep it going - you are doing a great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm nearly in tears as I read this! I'm so happy and grateful for you Elle and your family. It's truly wonderful news.
    I know it must seem weird to you that someone you have never met would react so strongly, but, I think you know how important it was for me to know that you will be healthy now and can go on with your life in such a meaningful way. Hugs from Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to read this. In a world where there is so much bad news, it is GREAT to see some happy, happy, happy news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PARTY! cookies seem appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Jensen6/25/15, 5:18 PM

    CONGRATULATIONS! Yes, party, girl, party! I am so happy for you and your family. Grinning so big as I type. My heart is full. Take care, and have a lot of cookies. And BTW, your mom has the best recipes for cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara!!! yes she does have the best :)

      Delete
  6. awsome finally read your blog. so happy for you, now make your dad eat your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! hahaha don't worry he gobbled them all up - already have to make more!

      Delete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts