Thursday, August 20, 2015

about 100 days

My 100 days is tomorrow. Wow I can't believe its been 100 days since my transplant. To be honest though 100 days, I have learned, means absolutely nothing. It is some sort of mental milestone that they give you I guess to help you pass the time. I'm not really sure. It truly depends case by case what is happening with you how things go.

Because my counts are stable and everything seems to be working well I have already been given most of the 'priveleges' one thinks they would have at 100 days. I only see my doctor once a week. I can be left alone for periods of time. We can travel farther than 25 miles from the hospital. Those are the major ones. But for some people with transplants 100 days comes and goes and nothing changes for them, they still go to the hospital everyday, they can't travel far.

The whole celebration of 100 days seems very arbitrary for me. I wonder where it came from and why 100 days? Yes, of course we will have a little celebration, I mean I don't need a lot of arm twisting to have cake or ice cream, or donuts...hmmmmm now I have to figure out what to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts