Thursday, November 5, 2015

long needed UPDATE

Happy Finally Fall(ish) from H-town
As I write this I hope my spinal fluid isn't leaking out of the small hole they created tapping my spinal cord - kinda like they tap for maple?  So we will start with the spinal tap.

It was no big deal. Like I'd rather have a spinal tap than a bone marrow biopsy but of course I get to have a trillion of the later for the rest of my life - go figure. I had a spinal tap because I have been having some bad back pain and when I lower my neck I get a pins and needles type of feeling up my legs - I guess that doesn't happen to everyone. They wanted to check the spinal fluid, which by the way is clearer than water - yes I asked to see it, because they think my spinal cord may be inflamed from the dormant mono and shingles virus I have and since I am on immunosuppressants they have flared up. We forgot to ask what they could do if that is the issue because I was so freaked out about a spinal tap I basically couldn't think and my mom was just laughing at me (not really).  So we will see. I also got to lay in an MRI machine for 2 hours last Friday it was great...hah!

This is me mid spinal tap! Look at that haiiiiiiiiiir.

Ok what else is going on we have had a lot of visitors recently! My Aunt Pam came two weekends ago and it was fabulous and then halloween weekend My Aunt Karen, cousin Kimmie and Grandma came for the weekend. Thanks for visiting everyone it was so much fun to see everyone! 
Here is a sweet selfie I took minus my Grandma:
This is a more accurate representation of my hair - kinda. 

What else....what else...oh yes they cut down my steroids 2 weeks ago so now I just take one every other day. It's been interesting. It has definitely taken more time for my body to adjust energy wise and for some reason the days I do not take the steroids I get a low grade fever starting around 7pm and then its gone in the morning. The body is a weird weird thing. So it will definitely be some time until they cut the steroids again. 

OH AND I GOT AN ADORABLE CUTE LITTLE CAR TO ZIP AROUND THE CITY IN 

That's about it for now :) Tomorrow I get to suffer through my monthly breathing treatment whoop whoop.



4 comments:

  1. It's ALL good, because last weeks day of tests and MRI and spinal tap is OVER! Onward my dear. I swear if and when I can get back to Houston, I would love to meet you and hug you for all
    your bravery and wonderful upbeat attitude. You ARE one in a million.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elle!!!

    I'm so glad to see how well you're doing! You've always shown such a great positive attitude! You will continue to be in my prayers.

    Stay blessed
    Lisa (FFS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elle!!!

    I'm so glad to see how well you're doing! You've always shown such a great positive attitude! You will continue to be in my prayers.

    Stay blessed
    Lisa (FFS)

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts