Friday, April 3, 2015

Philly Philly Philly


Last week I was able to take a few days and visit my favorite place and favorite people. Oh man how I love that place. The trip was too short, way to short, they always.  But I had such a fabulous time i basically ate my way through the city at all my favorite restaurants and had a great time with friends doing so. That city, I may be a little biased, has amazing food!
Here is a quick photo recap of my trip to philly - I also need to learn to take more pictures as I don't have too many from the trip


While I was there it snowed all day  on the friday, and I absolutely LOVED it. I was totally getting jealous of all the snow that they were getting while I was in warm warm, rainy Texas. So friday we went for a little walk into the city in the snow and it was absolutely wonderful. I also started to feel slightly like Elsa with the hair and the snow all around. 


I basically had to go to all of my top favorite restaurants in Philly so we made it to Cheu Noodle bar one night for the best freaking ramen on earth - if anyone knows of good places for ramen in Houston please tell me!!!  I also made it to their new sister restaurant Bing Bing Dim Sum and it was to die for  - just look at the wall paper in the bathroom:

isn't it awesome?


Snow Snow Snow - it stuck around for most of the weekend and i soaked up every minute of it. I mean I totally had the wrong footwear the entire time and I was regretting the whole part were your toes start to go numb because somehow the dirty city slush snow has started to leak into your shoe and your suck is wet. Yeah, that part I wasn't in love with but I guess you can't have everything perfect all the time. 

Kevin took me on a wonderful hike through Wissahickon Park - which I always forget about but is so amazingly gorgeous and so close to the city. It is such a nice little get-a-way from the hectic busy city. We thought that by sunday the snow would be completely cleared and it wouldn't be to slushy - OH how wrong we were. But nevertheless the hike was still gorgeous as the sun was shinning the entire time. 




The one thing you quickly forget about city living is the noise. Not just the constant buzz of cars but those crazy noises that happen just when you are ready to fall asleep. The first night I was back,  I went to a great dinner with friends and then got back and was ready to crash - a full day of traveling and a full stomach = early bedtime. Well I am laying in the bed and all of a sudden a car alarm starts going off and then I start to hear the music that is playing across the street at the restaurant and then a group of people walk by the house and seem like they are yelling at each other. Let's just say it took me a lot longer than usual to fall asleep. 

I left a lot of things out in this post but I am so glad I was able to see all my friends and have fun adventures throughout the city!! I miss you all already 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts