Monday, June 29, 2015

day +46


Mondays are hospital days. Today we were at the hospital at 7 to start the day with a good old blood draw and then we had some time to kill before I went in for my infusions so we went to get my dressing changed on my picc line thing. Surprise Surprise my body had pushed out one side of the stitches that holds the whole thing in its place so I had new stitches put in.  YAY - luckily with A LOT of lidicain (sp?) numbing medicine I didn't have to feel a thing only the 6 pricks to get the area numb. 

After that little bit of fun everything else ran smoothly today. All my blood levels are still looking good. My platelets (the ones that form clots) are a teeeeensy bit low but nothing that is causing any concern. During this whole time period (100 days) your body sometimes plays games and causes different levels to bounce around a little bit. But the best news is that they have stopped my evening steroids! I am down to 1/2 the dose I was started on and YAY because my cheeks are getting chunky from all the steroids - the mask is totally hiding them in the picture. And hopefully my hand tremors will calm down a little bit more. Oh man when i'm holding a cup for a long period of time they are crazy noticeable!

Thats all for now. I'm off to read about some clinical trial they want to put me in.....

1 comment:

  1. ALL good! Great news. I know it is a drag for you, but I must say you are a trooper. Each day is a day you'll never have to go through again and another day closer to the end of this.

    I like your face mask! Very cool. We ALL got so tired of wearing those ugly ones and the gloves too, but did.........your is very stylish! Hugs from Mexico...........think of you often.

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts