Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hair / No Hair

Hair. I seem to lack it in the most obvious place and have an abundance in the strangest places.  Hair is a big topic of conversation and concern for us cancer people. It is our most obvious signal to the outside world that you are going through treatment.

To be honest I wasn't that concerned about loosing the hair on my head - it grows back right and hopeful wishing it will be grey! [yes I want grey hair] I was kinda psyched thinking I would loose all my body hair and I wouldn't have to shave for awhile - well I was painfully painfully wrong. I lost only - yes ONLY the hair on my head - do you know how annoying that is.. like c'mon at least give me a break from shaving my armpits - for goodness sakes I was just able to actually wash my right armpit in the shower because of my line. So lets just say I didn't raise my right arm that much for the past 3 months. But don't fret the first thing I did was shave that hairy thing - it was so freeing. Is it weird these are the things that make me happy? psh don't answer that.

Oh now onto weird places I have found hair - like where the picc line bandage was. It's like a forest that grew in the dark. Ok not really my parents assure me you need a microscope to see the hair but trust me there is dark arm-like hair growing on my chest where the bandage was - its so strange. Also my nose and face seem to have become a little more peach fuzz hairy.  I feel like my body is just like "hell, why not lets put some random hair here. seems like a better place than her head"

I should give my body some credit it has started to grow hair on my head - so the waiting game of what kind of hair will sprout has begun. I'm crossing my fingers that it is grey (it's not I can already tell) and that it's straight. I WILL not know what to do if it hands me curly/kinky/wavy/non straight hair. I mean I barely use to brush my hair if I actually have to do something with my hair I won't know what to do. I can't use a straightener or a curling iron - I guess I'll just have to go with dreads (sorry mom!)

can't you see the hair growing? hahaha - lets just be glad I kept my eyebrows.

Thanks for reading my rant about hair - I'll keep you all posted on the hair growing situation - If anyone has any magic lotions or potions to make it grow faster pass them my way :)

2 comments:

  1. it's ok, i got your back if it's curly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is growing back. People still cant figure out if it is growing in or I just cut it.

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts