Sunday, August 2, 2015

leaving ya'll hanging!

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to leave you for so long without an update. So I have decided that if I write it here I will have to stay true to it, but my goal from here on out is to write a post at least 3 x a week AT LEAST!  so let's see if I can do it!

Since my last post it is now day +80 and things are just moving along appropriately (?) staying a little boring. I no longer have to take the nasty yellow gross banana whatever flavored medicine because it was upsetting my stomach. Was it upsetting my stomach or did my mind take over and will my stomach to get upset? we will never know but I am super happy about it. So instead of that horrific medicine I get an IV antibiotic once every 3 weeks. BIG news is they are dabbling with the idea of taking my line out because I haven't needed any blood products since I left the hospital all the way back in may and I no longer have to do home infusions! So if my magnesium levels can stay at the right level without the infusions I won't need my line anymore !!! - I cannot wait for this day to come. I am trying not to get ahead of myself and get too excited because Im not really sure when it will happen, but the fact they are discussing it is AMAZZZZEBALLLS.
And then the fun part comes where that IV antibiotic I need every 3 weeks well somehow it can also be taken as an inhalant? ...not quite sure how that works but should be very interesting. I will keep you guys updated on that.

What else - oh yes peeling - this was a fun side effect from chemo that NO ONE told me about (i'm learning that you learn a lot of things while going through the process that would have been nice to know before it all started, even after you feel like you asked a gazillion questions) My WHOLE body is peeling like a freaking lizard. I kinda look like I have either a really bad birth marks all over my body or I have the Michael Jackson disease - its gross and weird and annoying. Luckily it isn't painful , a little bit itchy here and there but nothing crazy.

Oh and my poor dad has been sent into exile because he came back from a business trip with a cold. Since I have NO immune system we are not allowed to be in the same space at the same time. He has been living in the garage apartment and will need to do that until he is cleared of being contagious. He has been a trooper especially with the heat down here.

sorry for the lack of photos - they will come at the next post! Have an awesome week

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts