Monday, August 3, 2015

sticking to my word

I'm back - here is post two/one for this week - when does your week start in your head sunday or monday? either way two posts in two days hello blogging world here I come - this is about to get serious.

This is going to be a post about all the lovely bread I baked yesterday - let me tell you I baked ALL day yesterday and it was fabulous. My energy level was great and it was fun to have something to poke every couple hours then move around and then poke again. Well in all honesty I started all 3 doughs saturday night because they were all very sensitive time consuming brioches.

The first brioche was a blueberry brioche out of the Huckleberry recipe book - which I am learning that I have to add a lot of time onto the baking period than what they say but the bread was given an A+ by my dad - who is in exile

The second and third are just basic brioches - I have two books that I am using for bread recipes and they had different recipes so I wanted to see what the difference was between them - I shaped them differently so I could tell who was who but they both turned out deliciously. But baking brioche bread takes a LOT of time basically at least 24 hours. I would be a horrible baker in a bakery shop because my bread is always done around 9pm.....hehehehe


Now I must eat toast and sandwiches and more toast as not to waste any of the deliciousness before it goes stale! I think ill go make some toast with nutella right now! Oh I also made some pop tarts for my medical team that I saw today, but alas I forgot to take a picture of them. The recipe is so easy check it out and you can use whatever jam/jelly you have. I skipped the icing and they are still just as good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts