Friday, August 7, 2015

What What...

in the..... (ok don't finish it! ) but it's been stuck in my head since yesterday because I am so EXCITED! I have fun/ great/awesome next step moves....drum roll please

I was released from the Ambulatory Treatment Center yesterday!! WOOOHOOOO - now let me explain what this means. The Ambulatory Treatment Center (ATC) is where I have been going since I was released from the hospital twice a week.  When at the ATC I would for the most part get an infusion of magnesium and be seen by my medical team to make sure I don't need any other blood products, and then make changes to any of the five billion - ok only 12 -  medicines that I am on and chat about any side effects or new things that I have noticed.  So as long as everything stay on this path I will only have to go back to the ATC 1x a month for an anti-pneumonia medicine 

I'm not free yet - ohhh. I don't think I'll ever be free of good ole MD Anderson but I will now go see my Doctor once a week to make sure everything is going as planned! But the best part of this whole thing is as long as my magnesium levels stay at an appropriate level - they like to jump around a lot (and without the infusion of magnesium hopefully my oral magnesium will be enough) I will be able to get my line removed! HELLLLLLOOOO - this is what I am so excited about!!! No more annoying piece of plastic hanging on my chest making my chest look all weird and like I have 5 nipples! No more having to go get the bandage changed just YES YES YES! YESSSSSSSS - so cross your fingers this happens next week. I'll be ok if it doesn't but I will be over the moon the day this damn thing is removed! 

And just as importantly I am allowed to eat runny eggs. This is very important - hello ramen, hello sunny side up eggs, hello yummy delicious runny eggs - get in my belly! I am going to eat them constantly this weekend - you should too, to celebrate with me !!!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how, after having cancer, one appreciates the little things in life..........like runny eggs. You made me chuckle out loud with happiness and joy for you! I'll celebrate manana here in Mexico with huevos revueltos. Scrambled eggs! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babs - yes I think its all about the little things than you never get overwhelmed!!

      Delete
  2. You mean you don't have five nipples? Dang! Congratulations. Great news. I'll celebrate for you tomorrow by beating dome runny eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunaley not - hahahah! no freak show for me!

      Delete
  3. Thank God for this wonderful news. Woohoo is right!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great. I love runny eggs on my ranchero

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts