Thursday, July 9, 2015

keeping it boring and clean

Have you ever thought about how many things you touch in a day and how many other people have touched that door knob, and oh did they possibly wash their hands after they sneezed into their hand. Well that's what goes through my head constantly when I am out and about.  Also after you wash your hands and go to eat, how many random things do you touch - its hard. You wash your hands and then have to turn off the tap, paper towels -the trash can to throw away the paper towel, the back of your chair to pull it out, oh damn you forgot a fork - now you touch the drawer handle to open and close , basically the list goes on - and that happens constantly - GERMSSSSSSSS. Ever since the transplant I have had to be ultra aware of GERMS! and that is so not me,  I have always believed a little dirt never hurts - but now YES YES it can hurt. Luckily antibac has become my best friend - I probably carry 2 in my purse at all times and use it basically every 5 minutes, oh and there is one in the car, my moms purse and 6 in the house...don't worry we aren't over doing it at all just keeping hand sanitizer companies in business. 

Ok, update - all is still boring and going smoothly. I still have yet to need any blood transfusions (but if you are in Houston please go donate blood at MDAnderson!) My Pharmacists today while she was leaving told me to keep it boring! - so that's what I aim to do. If I keep keeping it boring hopefully in the next 3 weeks I will be discharged from the outpatient infusion center and start going to the outpatient clinic on the 8th floor!!! YAY which I am hoping means I won't have to have any more infusions -- which means to me I would get my CVC/PICC line out of my chest!!!! so cross those fingers I stay boring! 

oh and exciting news I am going back to Grad school come September :) Re-starting my Masters in Teaching, Learning and Curriculum and I cannot wait - online classes here I come !! 

3 comments:

  1. Boring is aLWAYS good. It gives one time for restoration.
    Hugs! Great news...........all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the great "Boring" news coming!!!
    Uncle Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho Hum and HIGH FIVE Elle!

    ReplyDelete

leave any comments or questions <3

Popular Posts